Freddy Krueger is the villain and also the remake version of the character as seen in original franchise in A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. In the film, he appears as a dream demon, and a psyhco killer that kills children in their nightmares, but was finally defeated by Nancy Holbrook. Doesn't like the original Freddy Krueger that is a pure evil, his character seems more like a revenger and his personality becomes much darker and serious. This Freddy Krueger is portrayed by Jackie Earle Haley.
Krueger was the groundskeeper at Badham Preschool and a child molester and he had a more personal connection with the protagonist Nancy Holbrook, as he molested her and some of her friends and she was his favorite. Though Freddy initially appears to have been wrongly accused and seemingly looked like a friendly gardener around the children, the parents, after hearing about the abuse from their children and observing slashes on their skin and clothes consistent with his trademark glove, burn him to death rather than turn him into the police to spare their children the trauma of having to testify against him in open court.
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)Edit
Through out the film Freddy kills many of the people he molested when he was alive. During the climax, Nancy pulls Freddy into reality and apparently kills him by severing his gloved-hand and slashing his throat with a broken paper cutter blade. However he is still alive and kills Nancy's mom Gwen Holbrook from the mirror reflection.
- Dean Russell- Killed in Springwood Diner via infliction of honey knife slitting throat
- Kris Fowles- Killed in home via glove blade slice across chest and impact of fall
- Jesse Braun- Killed in Springwood Police Station Cell via puncture hole through chest
- Marcus Yeon- Killed in home via head shove into computer screen
- Gwen Holbrook- Killed in home via puncture wound of blades through eyes and collision with glass
- Lisa Harper- Killed in her sleep by unknown causes.
- Bret Tanzer- Killed in car crash from staying up too long.
- The Other 5 Children- Killed by Freddy by unknown circumstances
Physically he resembles previous Freddy incarnations. He has a much more menacing demeanor like The Entity and looks more like an actual burn victim. His bladed glove also appeares to be a combination of both previous versions of the glove.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
His abilities resemble previous Freddy incarnations.
His weaknesses resemble the Original Freddy's weaknesses.
- Billy Bob Thornton was considered for the role of Freddy.
- Jackie Earle Haley who plays Freddy, originally auditioned for the role of Glen Lantz in the original Elm Street but lost to his friend Johnny Depp. Haley would go on to portray Freddy in the remake 26 years.